View Single Post
Old 03-11-2023, 11:46 AM

UWell here it is! I'm working over the phone with my friend giving him directions:

With the key on the wire had voltage going to it.

With, or without the brake pedal depressed there's no dash warning light (must be a bad bulb), but will have to check further when I'm there in person.

I had him turn on the PTO switch with the key off (sitting in the seat) and it wouldn't start, plus the dash light came on). Then I had him shut of the PTO switch, and guess what, it turned over, intermittently. It wasn't making contact everytime he hit the starter switch, but did finally start.

I told him to clean all the contacts on the PTO switch, and when I came out tomorrow I would do the same on the brake safety switch. I'll take some replacement bulbs out for the dash to be sure they're all working, go through the start up procedures again.

It seems possible the the S plug on the ignition switch scenario is a plausible explanation as to where that mystery wire from the solenoid goes, time will tell.

Any comments, or suggestions? My friend is 74 years old, and doesn't have the eyesight to do some of this, that is why I need to be there for certain things concerning this problem.