Thread: 1200 Project
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 11:49 AM

Well the first event came and went this past weekend. I didn’t have the tractor ready, but I went and observed. Spoke to a few people and have a slightly better idea of what I’m getting into. I was advised to start in the beginners class, which best I can tell is all about 6-8 year old children. Should be pretty embarrassing getting my tail handed to me.

I had the local machine shop take the the head down to the chamber. I never bothered to actually measure how much that was. Like a dummy I had an incorrect spark plug with a longer reach and the exhaust valve closed up the gap. I wasted about 20min chasing that. Frustrated and feeling defeated I went in for dinner, only to find today that I left the key on overnight. At the minimum I drained the battery. I suspect I’ll be doing new points and a coil in the near future.

This week I hope to get a hitch put together, wheelie bars, and a shifter lock. I also need to strengthen the clutch hanger as most of my pedal travel goes to flexing that. The next pull is on June 26, so I need to scrounge up some weight for this thing and get things in order.