Thread: No name yet
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john hall View Post
OK, let me get this straight, you're building a custom front axle/steering and are then going to build a Cadet around it? Well that's a different approach! What about the tires, you staying with that tread pattern or switching to something more like a lawn mower, or something resembling tractor style tread patterns? What you have done thus far looks pretty good.
Kind of. The axle and wheels were accessible, and I could fiddle with them when ever time allowed. The front tires will be fine as this is intended to be a BIG mower with power steering. My wife and I are deep in the throws of the "mid-life downsizing thing" and our new home is nearing completion, so "free" time has been and will continue to be elusive. I have 2 quiet line frames as well as a nicely scored 2072 stripped chassis that still had the power steering column and valve/cylinder in tact as well as the dual brake pedals. But planning for the up coming move, my welders are disconnected and the new garage may not be "set up" till late winter. (we're hoping for a good snowmobile season this year).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1011161553.jpg (12.2 KB, 981 views)
File Type: jpg 1009161847.jpg (20.7 KB, 979 views)