View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 08:10 PM
Grand Member

I have to agree with Grey531,

When I tear one down and mic/measure (or whatever the case) EVERY part, replace every part that has even the most minute amount of wear, strip it of ALL paint, rebuild the motor, with ALL new factory parts, factory wire loom, Blah, Blah, Blah, until it is in EXACTLY the same condition (or better) than it was when it left the factory, THEN I will have a RESTORED tractor (or anything else for that matter). But when you see one on Epay that says "restored" and you can tell that someone washed it off, sprayed paint at it and slapped some new decals and a new seat cushion on it, THAT is NOT a restored tractor.

I think that if you have something that you have spent time working on and made it the way you want it to be, then that is something that you can be PROUD OF.

None of my Cubs are perfect and probably never will be... at the same time, I'm not really very proud of the ones that I haven't put very much work into.

I guess my point is that I've seen a lot of pictures of Cub Cadets here on this sight that you can tell that someone has spent a lot of time (and money) on and I think that these guys should be very proud of their accomplishments... It isn't just anyone who is willing to undertake such a project, and my hat is off to the people who have enough love in their heart for an old tractor, to bring one back to life or even just clean one up and make it better than it was before.

This is a pretty good group of people here and we all have a great bunch of little tractors and if you have stones enough to make one better than it was before, then you SHOULD be proud of what you've done!

In my humble opinion...