View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 08:18 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryC View Post
Hello again,

Jeff, yes I see now that I have to move the stop forward and have about 1 1/4" of forward travel available.

Jonathan, yes the rear tire pressure is a bit different by sounding. The left being slightly lower an I will raise it's pressure. The tread looks even from side to side. Thanks, I can see how the back end could make a noticeable difference.

ONE QUESTION I have is about the new paint on the piston rod. I am guessing I don't want to ram that through the seals ...
- I was wondering about getting a chemical stripper to prevent causing a leak.

Also, regarding the QA-42 front mounting plate, there is currently some room to go down, and I would imagine that some, slight rotation is possible there.
Though, this is premature and not somewhere I want to go, and having not yet made the recommended changes, can anyone comment on tweaking the blower via the four mounting bolts?

- The reason I mention it is because the left skid of the blower is currently sitting on a block and the right side is still not wanting to fall (I've checked and there is actually no tension on the lifting rod).
I've had it sitting this way since it was installed and we noticed it wouldn't sit flat on the ground.

Thanks again.
A couple comments
1) you should be able to thread in 1/2-13NC bolts in the open hole to mount the thrower in between you where you bolted the thrower to the frame and the frankenstein bolts.

2) your tilt may be due to the 1/2" bolts that secure the auger housing to the frame of the thrower.

3) you may be able to scrap the paint off the cylinder rod with a razor blade.

4) your lift rod is "quite inventive". The piece that is welded to the rod should have the large hole thru the footrest tubing and the top hole should bolt to the cylinder end. The rod would normally attach the the middle hole.

Since it's already winter, just work around it and straighten it out once all the snow melts in the springtime.