View Single Post
Old 09-14-2022, 09:10 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pccarpenter View Post
So I have a lead on a 1200 that has the 3/6 speed manual. $200 and a lead on the kubota motor. Is this doable? What else is involved? I realize it won’t bolt right up but it’s a start, right?
Does this 1200 have the factory creeper in it? The factory creeper won't hold up.
You made comments to me in a PM about " Pro Pulling ". Not knowing what your experience level in pulling is, I would start out in a beginners class. Are there any organized pulling club(s) in your area? Talk to them and get the rules the pulling group use. You will find out real quick that it takes lots of $$$$$ to be able to run with the big boys.

The majority of the pullers in my area use narrow frame IH cub Cadets. One of the reason(s) why is the narrow frames Cub Cadets have an internal brake. Another reason is they don't weigh as much. I want as much moveable weight as possible.
IH Cub Cadet 122 weighs 625 pounds. A Cub Cadet 1641 weighs 790 pounds. 150 or so pounds of moveable weight.

Is the Kubota engine a gas or diesel?
Plan on turbocharging?
Kubota engines rotate the opposite direction as a Kohler unless you put the flywheel end to the front of the tractor.

We haven't talked about clutches, rear end gears, and tires. Hard to talked about that stuff without knowing the rules and your budget.