View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 04:22 PM

Default Electrical question 2013 lgtx 1050

Hey all !

New to the forum here so hopefully I'm posting this in the right area. Apologies in advance if I didn't

I have a circa 2013 LGTX1050 (date on my manual) and I am trying to figure out an electrical issue with my cub.

Tractor died on me and wouldn't start. Did some checking and I was only getting about 1k volts at the coil boots and no spark at the plugs so i bought some new coils. Didn't fix the issue, still under 1k volts with no spark.

I disconnected the jumper wire that runs from coil 1 to coil 2 (from coil 2) and tried to start the cub and bam, she fired right up and had spark again.

This is a single white wire that runs from coil 1 to coil 2. On coil 2 it adds a second red wire and runs to a plug. There is also a green wire tied in there somehow with a red plastic cap at the end.

I assume this jumper wire runs to a safety switch (likely seat I assume) however in looking through wiring diagrams I cannot find what this leads to. Used the multimeter and did verify this wire does lead in some way to my seat safety switch, just not sure of the circuit.

I've looked though diagrams and forums and could not figure it out so thought I'd ask here. My Kohler sv730 manual does not list my switches and other wiring diagrams I am seeing do not match what I'm looking at and/or I don't see my coils listed.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Admittedly I'm not the greatest mechanic ever especially with electric bit I'm always trying to get better. So bare with me. Mainly done work on vintage honda motorcycles not tractors.

I'll be tearing into a series 3000 model 3184 I was given this fall, so I'm looking forward to learning more from you all here

Thanks everyone