View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 04:12 PM

Default 2072 front clutch pulley

Don't know if this is the right place to ask a question about a Super Cub Cadet 2072. Please correct me if I need to be corrected. The bearing in the pulley on the front clutch of my 2072 has bit the dust. I'm getting mixed messages about how to correct the problem. So say to replace the complete clutch assembly and they are talking way more than I want to spend at this point. Several sites show a clutch/pulley assembly and say it's the same for various Cub Cadets including the 1872 and the 2072. I "borrowed" the assembly from one of my other tractors which has the Magnum 18 an (1872). This inner bearing race will not fit the crank on my 2072. Is it different? My son has been doing the work since I'm recovering from an injury. He says the shaft on the 2072 is smaller diameter than the inner bearing race on the 1872 part. Is there a sleeve or something that needs to be installed? Or is the 1872 part just not usable on the 2072? Also, since the clutch still works, would a bearing shop be able to replace the bearing in my bad part? Thanks for any help.