View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 03:23 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanceskene View Post
I agree that firearm discussions can and do get out of hand at times.... and yes this is a Cub Cadet forum.... but... alot of garden tractor owners are also country dwellers many of which will use firearms to keep the fox out of the hen house, the skunks out from under the grainary, and shooting gophers is just part of yard maintaince.

I grew up in a farming community, server 6 yrs militia, and I hunt, firearms trucks and tractors all go with the day to day activities for me... but I'll never get to know anyone here very well because I only own one "Cub Cadet"... an "O"... although I also own a LoBoy and a full size IH... theres not alot of threads here that I can take part in..so.. while this may be a very friendly forum with alot of good people... it sometimes doesnt offer much to encourage members to know each other very well... or encourage new members to join... just my opinion of course... but loosening the "Cub Cadets Only" theme may actually benefit the forum.

Any bow hunters here???
I agree, not everybody wants to be on 6 different forums and those saying that a little gun chat on a cub forum doesnt belong need to explain to me the reasoning for the general discussion area. Theres a thread going right now about off road vehicles pics and theres about a million forums dedicated to that subject. The mods will do what they want and thats there right but to those who say guns dont belong on the cub forum id like to point out that neither does most of the discussion here thats not cub related.