View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 11:50 AM

First of all thank you all for the responses and input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
You say "ran off the rear", I assume you mean off the hydrostat??
Yes sorry, still learning the terms and the workings of everything, thank you for the clarification.

Quote:
The internal pump is small, but is large enough to operate a loader. If the system seems weak, check the charge pump output pressure and correct as necessary. It's in the chassis service manual.

If you add a pump, you will have to add a reservoir. Plus all that work. I'd just fix the charge pump pressure and see how it works.
Interesting, I've seen people stating both- existing hydro will work and other saying it isn't sufficient. Ideally I would be able utilize the existing pump. and I would like to eliminate other issues along the way. I have been reading through the chassis manual (thanks for pointing me in this direction) and I will pick up a gauge and a 1/8th adapter and test what I have coming out of it now

Quote:
If you think one cylinder has air in it, all you do to remove it is do a couple complete cycles of the cylinder. Full up to full down. Air can make it "lag" behind, but I doubt that is the issue. A "T" hydraulic system will split the load equally between the two cylinders. If one is behind the other, it's likely that the builder didn't get the frame made the same on both sides.
That was my initial thought as well, I did some rough measurements down to about an 1/8th inch and everything seems equal from side to side and level. When I take measurements of the ram/pistons (sorry don't know the right term) the right one is always ahead by about a half inch that is until it reaches the top then the left one catches up and everything then becomes level.