View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 02:18 PM

I am not 100% sure of the RZT50. I have two RZT23/50's stamped deck and one RZT20/48 fab deck. the RZT20/40 has 400 hours on the factory drive belt. one RZT23/50 has just over 500 on the factory drive belt. the last one is on it's third belt at 1400 hours. I would check your tension idler - both the spring loaded swivel and the pulley itself, check alignment and check that they move quietly and spin easily and quietly. the pulleys are all stamped clamshell types on my mowers. dirt grass and clay can build up in the seam and then the belts don't ride properly in the V. that will cause accelerated wear so make sure they are clean. Lastly on all three of mine, the engines have come loose pretty regularly this will cause misalignment badly - the engines are build like a harley engine two connecting rods on one journal - cheap design and it makes uneven power - there is no solution to that other than to check the motor mount bolts every oil change.
I hope this helps!
My belts on the deck are a different story. I go through those about every 100 hours - if you want to extend their life defeat the "blades off in reverse" safety feature. on mine that is a NC switch that I disconnected and put a jumper across the connect terminals. Keep in mind if you defeat a safety switch you are making it less safe!