View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 04:31 PM

As of 11/20/18, mower still in shop, nothing resolved yet. I sent them pics of my driveway where the oil spilled to help with a time line of the failure. The service guy told me they don't get paid for tear downs if the repair is not covered under warranty, so even tho they are interested in proving failure in my favor, not much incentive if having to spend shop time with 50-50 chance of recovering their investment in shop time. Ill let yall know when i find out anything, hopefully before my warranty runs out next june!
and thanks for your feedback. Happy thanksgiving, all.
st

update 11/21/18
spent day on phone. 1st called mtd cust service... they said not their problem, sorry. call kohler... here's their number.
I called Kohler, no direct line for customer svc, transferred to a service group who basically said not our problem, sorry. Here's 3 local phone numbers for shops fixing kohlers...

Called all three, hoping at least for some feedback on possible causes of failure, if nothing else. waiting for call backs... everyone's at lunch.

So disappointed in how corps do business. once was a time a customer was treated as if they had some value. Now the game is kick the can down the road.

I suppose if I dont get any favorable resolution, the internet may become my only recourse, not that one bitchin old guy will ever make a difference...
thanks for listnin to my rant. btw, happy thanksgiving, y'all!
st