View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 11:38 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRohacek View Post
I'm thinking of welding a bung into the bottom of the rear cover to draw oil from to the pump mounted behind the rear hydro sending it to a 5 spool valve and returning it through the oil cooler then into the top of the trans through the top cover.
That's a good idea. I installed bulkhead fittings into the axle cover--pump suction (with a dip tube on the underside), relief valve return and motor return. Your valve has an integral relief valve, so you'll only need one return. Perhaps a fill port as well. You'll need a return for the front axle drive pump, too, I guess. And maybe a relief valve for that, too. Depends on what you set up is.

I have 5 hydraulic functions--left and right blade height, blade skew, blade angle and blade locking pin. I have a 2 twin spool valves for the first four functions, and I use the tractor's original lift spool valve for the locking pin cylinder. I've thought about needing another for a ripper, but I've run out of spools, so I'd have to add another.

I only mention this to point out the need to determine ahead of time all the various functions you need and to plan ahead with spool valve capacity.

I wish I had considered a float function. Right now, blade position is fixed by the cylinders. It would be nice, in some situations, to let the blade just float and follow the terrain. Or, as with many front end loaders, the joystick has a float position that puts some moderate down force but allows the bucket to follow the terrain. That would be a nice feature if you could manage it. There are some joystick (for FEL) that have float, don't know about the multiple spool type that you posted.