View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 10:32 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo_c View Post
The banter is cool, but I’m a little confused. Is it a direct fit or will I have to use pieces of both to make it fit? Are there pieces I’ll need that aren’t on either one? I’ll pass if I can’t make it work with just the parts on the two of them.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Jbo
Take entire mule drive (what Lew is referring to as “donkey”), the deck carriage with the pulleys from the 126 and install on 122. The 122 will not have Frankenstein bolts, those are big shouldered bolts that 126 has that engages it to the mule. The 126 has a quick release carriage, pull lever in front and mule slides forward disengaging it from the Frankenstein bolts. 122 originally came with a different mule, non quick release, it has a pin on style deck with bolt on mule. Make sense? Transfer mule and deck from 126 to 122 and bolt mule on, there are threaded holes in 122 frame that will line up. Both tractors are narrow frame models ones just earlier than the other.
(2) Original, 100, 102, 124, 73, 800, #1 and #2 cart, brinly plows, disk, IH184, IH244, 1948 F Cub