View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 11:50 AM

There are a lot of good ideas here.

I'm not sure that I would be a fan of painting the whole tractor assembled as they did in the factory. Things that should not be painted at all seem to get painted. I.E. the steering links, springs, etc. Things that should be painted don't get full coverage.

My first instinct was to simply replace the nuts, bolts and washers unpainted. I'm not sure that I like the looks of that, but won't dismiss it either. I did plan on replacing all of the mounting hardware anyway.

I thought of testing spray cans and finding a color that is as close as possible to the frame & mower deck. That might take a hit and miss approach, hoping to find one that is close enough. Having the paint manufacturer custom supply a few spray cans is one option that I didn't know could be done and is something that I will check into.

One other thought that I had was to get a hobbyist "air brush" and use the actual paint supplied. Has anyone tried that? It would or could give me the absolute color match. Also, I could assemble some of the work and then "touch up" the bolt heads and nuts as I proceed further along. I am not sure that it is a workable solution, but seems to be a possibility. Any thoughts on this course of action?