View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 07:20 PM

Default 129 k301 charging issues

Hi all,
I’ve been battling an issue with my 129. The battery isn’t charging correctly. Put a volt meter on the batt and it’s full charge but when running the voltage jumps all over the place constantly. 3v, 13v 10v 2.5v 8v. There’s no rhyme or reason to it. It’s always been hard to start, so over the winter I replaced the condenser, points, ignition coil and battery. Then it still wouldn’t start right, so I took it to pasco and they rebuilt the starter/gen and replaced the voltage regulator. Got it home, ran fine for an hr and then the starter overheated and it wouldn’t start again. So took it back to pasco, they rebuilt the s/g again and replaced the solenoid. Warranty repair they said so they only charged me for the solenoid.
So today I’m at a tractor show and it ran fine all day until the last start and it left me stranded. I jumped it with my truck and it ran fine.

What the hell is wrong?! Why won’t it charge constantly with all these new parts? I’m over my head and tired of dumping money at Pasco.

Sean