View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrew View Post
J-Mech, I appreciate your input, but let’s not get snippy... I have no doubt you know more about the hydrostats than me. I have had ONE apart. And that was two years ago. I do not have the exploded view in front of me, so forgive me if I don’t use the correct terminology. I did give you the part number (HG44-04P) of the parts that broke. These are the splined couplers I referred to. I replaced those, and used the tractor until the two bevel gears in the gearbox lost all their teeth. I am convinced this tractor would still be running today if the sealed, maintenance free gearbox had any lube in it. Regardless, we are beating a dead horse, as I have no intention of rebuilding this hydrostatic.
Doesn't sound to me like the hydrostat is bad. Sounds like an issue in the transmission. So, there would be no need to rebuild your "hydrostatic".

Your part number cannot be correct. You stated you had the Sundstrand hydro. They part number you gave is for a Hydro Gear hydro transmission. Hydro Gear didn't even make hydro's for Cub Cadet in the 1320 era. Plus, they are in direct competition with Sundstrand, so the parts wouldn't be mixed. Plus, that number doesn't even come up in the system. I think the issue is, you don't really know what it is you need. Or at the very least, where to get the right part number.

Go here, and give me the call-out number (not the part number) of the part you have that is failed:
http://www.cubcadet.com/equipment/AR...0-A/0021500004

I want to point out one more thing.... you keep talking about this "sealed" or "non serviceable" transmission going dry as the cause of the tractors failure. Oil and grease don't just disappear into thin air. They don't evaporate. They leak out. There had to be a leak if it lost all the lube. Had to be. Either that, or it didn't get lube in it the last time it was worked on, or missed it in the factory. If you see a leak, it needs attention. If you missed it, you missed it, but it isn't the transmissions fault.