View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 01:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrew View Post
J-Mech, Let me see if I can make myself more clear. The 1320 transaxle is two separate pieces, a gearbox and a separarate hydro unit. They bolt together. The torque from the engine is input into the gearbox, but is transferred to the hydro unit through a set of three fingered couplers (PN HG44084P). These couplers are splined to the male shafts. There are two shafts that go from the gearbox to the hydro unit, one for motion in, one for motion out. Therefore, it takes four of these splined couplers to make the unit work. They can still be found on EBay. At one time I had the parts list for the gearbox. I searched the web with the part numbers for the two bevel input gears, and came up empty. With regard to what is in the owners manual, I read it cover to cover, and nowhere does it say anything about transaxle maintenance. The gearbox has no filler or dipstick to check the lubricant level. The hydro unit has a plastic cup under the battery, but I found no reference to it in the manual.
Listen.... I'm pretty well versed in hydrostats and transmissions. I see the parts blowout, I skimmed the service manual. I know how it works. Better than you do, I'm sure. What I need to know, it what part you broke, or need. You still haven't made that known. You keep trying to explain to me how it works..... I KNOW HOW IT WORKS.