View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 10:02 PM

Finally got some time to work on the 1872 EFI project. I mounted the JD triple hyd valve so I could check for clearance to the fuel tank and also installed the drive shaft so I can get the electric fuel pump mounted to the rear of the firewall under the tank and not have it interfere with the drive shaft. Looks like it will all clear ok. I think I will put a guard under the pump just in case the driveshaft would lose a rag joint. I also decided to remove the Hydrostat pump to see if I can fix the input shaft leak. If I can I will repair the damaged axle housings by tig welding the broken bolt boss area. If needed I can use my mill to face them off. This will allow me to keep the existing rear end and not have to swap a bunch of parts with my spare cyclops rear. Tomorrow I hope to get the fuel system finished up and then run the wiring needed to run the computer for the EFI. I hope to get it running by the weekend. If it all checks out I will then install the 3 point hitch from my other 1872 and get the rear hyd cylinder mounted up. Since it keeps raining and I cannot farm I might as well work on this project. I will post some progress pictures tomorrow.
Later
Tom