View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 11:24 PM

If I came across as shaming that wasn't the intent...it's the way I see the situation. I would much rather put some time and money into a quality machine than a lot more money into a new machine that won't last as long

Just about all my power equipment I own is at least 30 years old, most of it older. Much of what I use was given to me or sold cheap because it was "worn out." I have a Lickety Log Splitter from the late 1960s that I was asked to haul to the dump because it had a thrown rod. I rebuilt the k181 on it and used it for 15 years to split wood to heat my house. It's all how how you look at things. That splitter was worthless junk to the PO when they asked me to haul it off. I brought the Kohler engine back to life and replaced all the o rings for a lot less than a new splitter would cost me and I have a better machine than I can buy new.

Your tractor is the same way. If you put some time and money in it you'll have a quality machine that will serve you for decades to come. If you do the work yourself you'll know that machine better than anyone f anything goes wrong down the road.