Thread: 122 project
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 01:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsruskw View Post
Yes, both have new OEM style mounts and are smooth as silk, running, sounding and operating.
I DO NOT abuse my equipment if that is what you are inferring.
Somehow, I knew you would.

Furthermore, the holes that are broken out ARE NOT the ones that the 3 driver pins went through.
I do not imply things. I just say them straight out. I do not think anyone on this site could abuse their stuff more than I do. I'm pretty rough on my machines because I use them to their full potential. But I also have ran equipment for years and know how far I can push them without tearing them up. I do not think, or imply, that you are abusing the machine.

That said, see below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaCub View Post
I am curious, is your three pin driver the QL flex type or do you have the solid older version? The flex type is imperative when using iso mounts. Surprisingly, as smoothly as the QLs run with iso mounts, when adjusted properly do move all over the place and stresses the clutch assembly and drive line. The flex plates eventually fatigue and crack. I love QLs but do realize this is an idiosyncrasy with that series.
This is the point I was making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaCub View Post
Your broken disc appears to not have the steel lamination. I have seen this happen to old style discs years ago.
I agree that it doesn't look like it has the steel plate in the center. I too have seen the older discs with no plate that broke out.