View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 09:03 AM

Well we got all of our spring work finished and I had a chance to work on the 1872 rebuild. I installed the engine so I could test fire it to check it out. It started up on the second turn and sat there and idled perfectly. it carries 50 lbs oil pressure and sounds great. It is very quiet so it will be a good mowing tractor. I mounted the EFI computer and the associated fuses and relay to the firewall and wired it enough to start it. Made a bracket for the electric fuel pump on the firewall under the tank and then added a return line to the tank. My next project is to remove the rear end and see if I can save it. If the input shaft on the hydro is not scored or damaged I will repair the hydro with new seals and a input bearing and see if I can tig weld the damaged rear axle housing. I would rather repair what I have than swap a bunch of parts to make the Cyclops rear I have work in the super. Here are some progress pictures.
Enjoy.

Puel pump mounting
DSCF1630.jpg
Return line fitting installed and pressure regulator
DSCF1631.jpg
3 spool JD hydro valve mounted
DSCF1628.jpg
Hydro valve levers
DSCF1629.jpg
Right side engine view with computer and wiring
DSCF1633.jpg
Left side engine with fuel filter. The filter is from Kohler and is rated for EFI fuel pressure. I plan on building a mounting bracket for it on the fuel tank mount strap.
DSCF1634.jpg