View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 12:57 PM

Default Potato and Corn tips?

I've set myself a goal to produce 1000 lbs of potatoes this season, looking for any tips and tricks I can get. The plan is to till with the 149 & #1 tiller, then use the 106 to dig furrows with a Brinly middle buster, plant the furrowed rows at 12" spacing, then cover with bedding discs on the Brinly cultivator bar that I probably just paid too much for on eBay.

I have no discs, sweeps, stems, or hardware for the Brinly Cultivator, which should be arriving Monday. Really close to ordering discs and stems from Agri-Supply, and I'd certainly value your opinions and input before I do so. I also need sweeps. Tire cover sweeps for sure, with stems, or S-tines, depending mostly on your suggestions, shared experiences, and dealers.

I'd like to do a couple rows of corn, not a whole lot so there's no reason I can't fertilize by hand, but if these sweeps had fertilizer injectors for side dressing I would definitely put them to use. I'd like very much to get something like that all dialed in and functional, should I get the opportunity to expand my garden next year.
Grumpy old 149/1A tiller, Trusty Rusty 106, & a Massey Ferguson 10 to work the garden, Tiny Snapper to mow the lawn. Slowly accumulating attachments and quickly driving the neighbors crazy on a half acre homestead.