View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 07:10 PM

Found a couple hours that were free so did a little more work on the 105. The grill screen was missing and the only replacements I found were some what pricy so I made one. I think it looks good not like the original but the price was right, Free!.

I set the dash and hood on to see how they looked. They only have one coat of paint. For some reason they look very white in the photo must be the lights. The color is the off white I got from the dealer. I wet sanded and got another coat on them.

So on to the motor. I made up a stand to bolt it to and put it on a cart to start cleaning it up. I started to take off the tins and other bits. I learned a couple of things. The drive cup is very easy to break and they are expensive! I looked online and found some new ones and couldn't believe what they want for them. I did find a good used one for 40 bucks so I ordered it. Got a head gasket and some other gaskets to. So fast forward to tonight. I was out moving some stuff around in the shed and guess what I found in a box of parts I got with the 3 cubs I bought, that's right a perfectly good drive cup! That is how my luck goes. Oh well I have a spare for the next project.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3123.jpg (28.8 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3113.jpg (28.0 KB, 121 views)