View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 01:45 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperino View Post
Just curious a to what kind of hose you used? If its not meant for gas or oil rubber hose can quickly deteriorate and plug itself shut. Some rubber hose will get all gooey and gummy pretty quick from petroleum.
I'll prolly put the hose back on, and rout all that blow-by back under the oil pan. The hose is just something I extruded out of FDA 68 duro clear FPVC , similar to oxygen tube, except at a half inch outside diameter, and about a .070" wall thickness. I also have a piece of .437" o.d hose from the fuel pump to the carb. While petroleum is a major ingredient in any FPVC, this hose likes to get hard after a while of gasoline exposure.

Anyways, I'm going to say the piston rings are pretty bad. This Mag-12 needs a rebuild that is going to have to wait. Got a 17 twin cylinder itching to be in the 1211, lol! I succeeded in what I wanted to accomplish, and that was bringing to life a well made garden tractor from the scrap yard. I plan on continued use of my 1211 for a go-to yard worker.