Thread: Test
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'George View Post
Something to be said for a man that has no fear and drives on adrenaline.
To hear the noise, smell the fuel, and eat the dirt, is something that has to be experienced, as an explanation cannot describe it adequately.
-------Like a lot of thing's in life.
Very well said George. After posting back to you I thought about what I had left out about what Alex had done that night on his first 410 drive. And the word fearless came to my mind, but you covered that for me, Yep the kid had big ones! Most people would look at that pic and think he was in the turn, but unless you ever watched one of those 1000 HP winged missiles... That pic of him completely sideways is almost at the very end of the straight, my best and honest guess is that he is going about 130 when that pic was taken (people I kid you not) the turn is about 10-12 feet away and you just go in there wide open and don't lift, turn the wheel as fast left as you can and back to right even faster and hope it all goes as planned. As you know, you are carrying so much speed and momentum that you have to start to turn while still going straight, I know as crazy as that sounds, but you would never make it if you didn't turn while still going straight...
I had asked Al one night when we were at Lincoln Speedway if he ever thought about stuff you know when you go out on the track. He looked me dead in the eye and said" Bryan I just hope you guys got all the bolts tight" Not only was he fearless, he also had faith.