View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman View Post
Your transmission is not automatic, it is a single-speed gear transmission with forward and reverse gears, and neutral. Speed is varied by your foot control which causes a change of pulley size thus varying the speed of the input shaft of the transmission. They call it the CVT System (which I think means constant variable transmission). Your belt is stretched because niothing else can slip. Reverse is not so bad because different tension is put on the belt in reverse but it will eventually slip also. There are two drive belts involved, they reccomend replacing both as a pair.
They are not the hardest job to replace but doesn't give great joy to a first timer either. If you want to tackle it, go to this link, page 24, starting paragraph 17, for detailed instruction.

https://www.cubcadetpartsnmore.com/u...%202008%29.pdf

Also, it will be easier to work on if you have the tractor raised up somehow so you can slide underneath.

Ok, both belts. I do have an atv/lawnmore lift.

Your link doesn't work for me. I just get a 404.

Edit: is it the link to "Cub Cadet LTX1000 + SLTX1000 Series (2009 - 2014) Service Manual"?

Edit2: Based on the "2008" part of the link and refering to paragraph 17 I think you're linking to "Cub Cadet LT1000 + GT1500 + SLT1500 Series (2004 - 2008) Service Manual"? (But mine is a 2013?)