View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 08:50 AM

Default 105 Stopped moving

Was mowing with my 105 yesterday and when I tried to go from reverse to forward, it stopped moving all of the sudden. The Forward/reverse lever just moves back and forth and nothing happens.

At the same time I started hearing a clunking sound coming from about the center of the tractor, sounded like it was something spinning at hitting stuff at about the same RPM as the engine. The brake still works and I did still need to switch the drive/release lever to release to get it to role back to my shed.

I'm not quite sure where to start troubleshooting here. Don't have any experience on the transmission end of things with this tractor. I read about some release valves on the trans that can get stuck, but given the clunking sound, I'm thinking I may have something more going wrong than that.

I reviewed the service manual and it looks like most transmission work starts with splitting the tractor. Anything I should check before that? Is it possible the selector just came unattached somewhere? It feels pretty slack now when moving it back and forth.