View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 09:58 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
I don't think it will work on a gt. I wouldn't do it either. Strapping to the frame is the safest, most effective and has the least amount of risk.

By going a loop around the tire, what keeps it from rocking? I've seen cars strapped like that, and they roll back and forth. People likely trust just the park lock paw, and not the parking brake, but that's irrelevant. If strapped properly, the car/truck/tractor could be in neutral and stay put on the trailer. No. I wouldn't trust a loop over a tire either.
I have owned and operated my International 4300 wrecker for the last 20 plus years. I never put straps or chains on the chassis of the Corvette or the 69 Camaro. If you pull from the front tires forward and the rear tires in other direction its not going to move. I am not doubting you have a great deal of knowledge Jon, But I dont just refurbish my equipment here.. We also hual most of it ourselves with My double drop trailer, Landoll trailer, and RGN trailer. Many times needing permits for over weight in excess of 120,000 pound loads. I have to deal with DOT all the time and know a thing or 2 about securing loads. You know those 10 car tractor trailers you see going down the highway?? All 10 cars on that truck are strapped by the tires. Just sayin