View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 04:16 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC2140 View Post
Well, with the engine still in pieces. I went over every part and think I found the culprit....the flywheel. On the driveshaft there is a key slot for alignment to for the timing of the spark, well on the flywheel, the male end of the slot was stripped and flywheel was out of alignment.

So, now I am awaiting a new flywheel, and since I had the entire thing apart and this should have lots of life left, I ordered all new seals from top to bottom and a new piston ring for good measure, while I was in there.

I will report back, when I get it back together.
So did it appear the flywheel had ever been removed? The only engines I remember this being an issue on were the old Briggs, those things were bad about shearing keys, but most of the time it had to do with the last guy that worked on it not getting the nut tight enough--Think a lot of them used the ratchet for the recoil and most folks didn't have the proper tool for tightening it--smacked it with a big hammer instead.

Leave push mowers that run into obstacles out of the conversation, that's a different scenario all together.
124 w/hydraulic lift
782 w/mounted sprayer
2284 w/54" mowing deck