View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 09:26 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesedawg82 View Post
YES!!!!! Do you have one out in the boneyard that hasn't run since the 80's? Asking for the Nuttings.
cheesedawg82, Getting too old and gearing down. My boneyard is bare, other than a Model 70 that is stripped down and ready to paint. Just need time to get to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperino View Post
And I thought there were no football fans here!
Coop, I did the football and hockey while then teams were kicking a$$. I have visions of a Pirate Cub, (translation) "long term vision".

Quote:
Originally Posted by three4rd View Post
You are absolutely correct...'85...title track from his solo album of the same name....I'm impressed! CCR (or Fogerty for that matter) quite honestly was not really one of the bands that I followed or listened to a whole lot, although I used to play the ubiquitous "Proud Mary" at nearly every wedding reception our group had. By mid-80s I was deeply into the whole Windham Hill / new age genre - especially the guitar guys like Will Ackerman, Michael Hedges, and pianist George Winston, etc. - the fingerstyle guitar and the altered tunings had a huge influence on the style of my own playing, compositions and recordings. I still think the 70s was a truly amazing time musically especially from the progressive rock standpoint - loved bands like Yes (especially), Emerson Lake and Palmer, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, and so forth. CSNY too....lots of amazing talent in all of those bands. Can't forget others like the Beach Boys (Brian Wilson is a definite pop music genius) and The Who (Townshend another genius)
Three4rd, that's what is cool about this place. You just exposed yourself to having great knowledge about rock history. I have loved all the music, just could care less who performs and when. Thus the fact that some of us remember the proper beat of a Kohler and some of us (not me) know the tempo of Hotel CaLifornia, (baddest ass song ever)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYkL5igsG4k

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdustdad View Post
Adjust the neutral before you worry about the carb adjustment. don't drive the bracket all the way to the top, just nudge it enough to stop the wheels from turning after you set it in "neutral" with the pedal. Don't lock the pedal down or the brakes will stop the wheels.

Go forward and back with the lever, then hit the pedal again. should stop the wheels. If not, adjust the bracket until it does. Slop in the linkage will often result in a situation where it will go in neutral from forward by hitting the pedal, but if you are going in reverse and hit the pedal, it doesn't quite make it into true neutral. Sometimes that's the best you can achieve.

Throttle "hunting" or going up and down in RPMs is usually a carb adjustment. Follow instructions in the manual, I think 2 turns open on the main jet and 2-1/2 turns on the idle jet to start. Put some load on the engine (engage the mower) and make small adjustments as described in the manual.
"Listen to the man, he knows of what he speaks"