View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 05:28 PM

Default New member from Kansas.

Okay here's my story, I recently joined but have been looking at this site for a few years on and off. I finally got tired of not being able to see all the pictures and decided to join. I worked at an IH dealership back in the mid seventies assembling farm implements and of course Cub Cadets. I bought my first Cub Cadet while there and have been hooked for life. I think it was a used 70 or 100, I can't remember. I've owned several since then and currently have a pretty nice 782.
This past week I've been doing an engine swap do to a bad oil leak(front seal).
I found a 1993 Huskee with a Kohler M20 so I thought I would upgrade from the KT-17 series 1.
I did have to do a few mods but it wasn't bad at all. The biggest difference was the crankshaft on the M20 is an inch longer than on the 17. On the Huskee they had a one inch spacer behind the PTO whereas I put the spacer in front of the cub PTO, it worked out great.
Another thing was the sheet metal up front had to be modified a little bit but worked out. Had to cut one for access to the oil filter. Had to reconfigure the choke cable and that's about it. Of course I had to do the relay thing which wasn't bad either. Thanks Roland Bedell for the drawings and wiring diagrams, I've used them a lot in the past. Also thanks everyone for all the great advice you give on here, even though I worked at IH, I'm no expert on them.
If anyone needs that old KT-17 shoot me an offer. It's basically complete and has not been run without oil.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0954.jpg (26.3 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0953.jpg (28.0 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0955.jpg (28.4 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0956.jpg (29.2 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0950.jpg (27.1 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0948.jpg (29.6 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0949.jpg (27.7 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0952.jpg (17.3 KB, 85 views)