View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 11:30 PM
Grand Member

Got a little done to the 1450 today. Decided against painting the hydro pump, so I cleaned it up pretty good and put it on anyway. Found out by leaving the lower "Z" transmission to frame brackets slightly loose on the transmission, that it allows for adjustment movement to be made during recoupling of the garden tractor. What I done was set the transaxle "level" by placing a piece of 2"x3" board under the charge pump drive shaft coupling. Since my front axle is still nice and snug, I did not need blocks under the front of the frame between the top of the front axle to prevent tractor pivot. I simply lifted the tractor frame, and rolled it back on it's two front wheels right into the trans axle! This was much easier than the adjustable wrench method on the fixed draw bar described in the BRSM. Got all six mounting bolts started and tightened down. Then I tightened down the bolts on the "Z" bracket on the transmission.

Well, the new rear tires sit lower than the turf previously on the tractor. The new tires seem a touch wider, but looks good. Got the correct 1450 identification serial number tag installed too. Guess tomorrow I'll get the rear lift assembly ready for paint and planning on adding some grease fittings to the lift as well.
IH CUB CADET 1450, 72, 86, 1211, IH #2 CART, IH 56" SNOW BLADE, COLLECTING CUB CADET ENGINES