View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 02:13 PM

Default Bag full sensor switch

Hello again guys and gals

I have a CC1023RD 2007 garden tractor (I think it's possibly a 'Europe only' model). My basket full switch just started indicating full, all the time. I removed it, gave it a thorough cleaning, contact cleaner, etc, fixing the issue, and I have now replaced it successfully.

Having had it out, in my hands for cleaning, I saw that the real cause of the problem was that the rubber boot, around the trigger arm, has become somewhat perished, allowing ingress of dirt into the switch, from the very dirty, with lots of air movement, collection area.

Of course it would be too much to ask for the boot to be available separately, for a couple of pounds, but not to worry, I thought I would look up the price of the whole switch and trigger. Couldn't be more than £20 or £30 at the most, right?

Unless I'm drastically misunderstanding something, the full switch is part number: 725-04519

This little beauty is priced at £226, or thereabout, on whatever website I care to check, in the UK. No matter what, I am not going to spend so much money on a 'basket full' switch, regardless of whether it's useful to me or not.

So my question for all you helpful folk, is, can this switch be had from anywhere else, at a reasonable price, or is there an alternative product that can be fitted, or modified in some way, from another manufacturer?

Or, thinking as I type, can I make, or find, a rubber boot to seal the trigger arm?

If anyone has any experience of this problem, I'd really appreciate some advice.

Thanks

Sutty