View Single Post
Old 12-24-2021, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmall450 View Post
You're inspiring me to find a loader and another super, although I have an IH 284 with a loader already

Trick of it is the nimble + hydro would be awesome. On the negative side, the 284 is too light for a lot of things, and a cub would probably only lift 1/4 what it does with counterweight. What will yours pick up?
It will lift way more than I have counterweight for. I had 600 lbs of concrete mix in bags in the bucket and to be able to move it I had to stand in the weight box or the rear wheels would start to come off the ground. I removed one bag and it was ok. I have loaded rear tires, about 75 lbs of cast iron on each wheel and a weight box with about 250 lbs in it. with my 225 lbs you would think that would be enough ballast!!!!!! I really wish it had front wheel assist. Been thinking about that idea for quite some time now. I will have to say that it is very handy and useful. The wife uses it all of the time for yard and garden work. How about some pictures of your 284 with the loader?