View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
With that plant, I would bet the seed is some hybrid that is sterile.

Very Possible I guess. I didn't get the Zucchini or Squash from the COOP this year. This seed actual came from a big box, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is a bad hybrid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorjm View Post
I had the same issue before and read about how you may have to pollinate them yourself. I googled and found instructions what to do with a qtip. I also made sure to make buzzing noises so the plants would think I'm just a bee. I don't remember if it worked or not.
Haha. I'll be sure to make the buzzing sounds. I did some light reading myself, and did find that there are male and female blooms on zucchini, so there is an issue if you only have male blooms and no females, or vice versa. They also mentioned pollinated them yourself with a QTip if you have no bees present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
Have you had a lot of rain? Too much at the wrong time, or when it is trying to pollinate can do that. My green beans, and several other peoples in the area, did that exact thing this year. I save my own seed, so it's from last year's crop. I mowed them down and replanted in July. I'll tell you in a few weeks if this crop produces anything.
There were some levels on inconsistency in rain early in the summer. A few days where we got rain very heavy, and then there a few dry weeks, then another heavy rain. Overall it hasn't been too bad though. I ruled the rain issue out because my squash was fine, but perhaps it could have had something to do with it. I think I will try to get a second crop in of the zucchini, just as you are doing with your beans. Hopefully I can get them in the ground in time so they have time to produce prior to frost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleO7 View Post
If they continue to not fruit, try doing some deep fried zuc blossoms !
Can you send me the recipe? haha

1971 126 w/ Brinly Sleeve Hitch, Plow, Discs, and Cultivator

http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=50159