View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 05:42 PM

Default question on the 108

Last couple times while mowing I seem to notice the engine more.

When I start mowing it seems to have normal loud exhaust the more I mow,the quieter it seems to get., Now this probably sounds like{ I'm just getting used to it symptom}

Anyway yesterday I mowed my yard and as usual it got the quieter sound, I finished my yard, then without stopping I went to the school yard beside me .

the grass was cut two weeks ago over there 'but has some real tough places even with my new blades, I cut mine every week.

While in the heavy cutting grass the engine would start to smoke a little from the breather side and if left to cutting for a short period of time say 20 feet engine would act like it was going to bind and the valves would rattle like crazy. I would try to take lesser width cuts same thing.

So I left it cool off and now seems top run normal. I even finished the heavy grass last night without a glitch.

Just wondering , Is this a sign of carbon build up you guys talk about ?

I noticed the engine started to smoke a little in the spring on especially down hill right turns out the breather, but went away on the level. no it wasn't over full unless dip stick may be messed up. Metal above rubber grommet is not fastened to the stick so when in crankcase it does go to bottom. I may be overfilling it a little???