View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 05:52 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
Small engine gen set governor's are made different than those in tractors. Same on Kohlers. (And Detroits, ect, ect, ect...) Completely different flyweight mechanism. Just saying.

No, they are not any more "complicated". Just more sensitive.

I will ad, that I agree keeping the Hz under control is important, but as long as you understand what you have, it shouldn't be an issue. No different than the old Pincore units, or a tractor driven PTO generator.
By the way Jon. None of this really matters right? Because I just like to post and this project will never get done, right? Because I'm just a show off with a bunch of fancy tools that I dont know how to use, right? Well, the tools are not all that fancy. 2 of the lathes are older than me but they work great and i know how to use them to the tune of almost 30 years. You asked me can i taper and if i have a taper attachment. I do, but i also have about 5 other ways i could have tapered that shaft. Point is, just because you dont know a person has a skill doesn't mean they dont. Don't bother asking me any more questions regarding what I can or can't do. Answering questions to boost your ego is not a prerequisite of this forum.