View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 07:28 PM

Default 2182 Front PTO Problems

Using my machine to blow snow with a 551 on it. Awesome combo by the way!
Anyway, last time i tried to use it, hit the PTO and nothing. Tried a couple more times and finally got PTO to engage, but would quit when switch returned to the run position. In messing with PTO switch while unseated, I noticed that when engaging the PTO the lights came on too! Not bright, but dim and flickering. I did manage to get the driveway done, but the PTO would engage and disengage on its own. Like there was a short.
Since that time I have replaced the ignition switch connector, the ignition switch and the PTO switch. The last trial i ran, was disconnecting the "Blue" light lead from the back of the connector. The lights did not work with the key on the ignition, but still lit and flickered when attempting to engage the PTO. Still seems like a short, but I don't know where else to look. I'm definitely not an electrician!! Maybe at the rectifier?? Maybe the PTO itself?? The light thing has me baffled!! Most of the time now, the lights will flicker but the PTO does nothing, not even trying to engage. Has worked flawlessly up until this point.
Any Help, Tips or Hints would greatly be appreciated!!
Thanks Guys!!
Don