View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 08:49 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. When I had the transmission fixed in fall of 2015 when I got it, the mechanic replaced everything. It worked great for half the season last year and slowly got out of adjustment. The mechanic adjusted it and replaced a "nut" on something. I feel that something is vibrating loose again on the clutch. Would I adjust the clutch adjustment rod or the bolt on the top of the clutch assembly? I don't want to make it worse.

I typically shift it into reverse to get it out of my barn and then into 1st to mow the yard. I can typically mow the entire yard without stopping.about 2-2.5 hours. I stop near the yard hydrant and wash her off and then put her back in the barn. I touch the clutch maybe 4-5 times every other weekend and no I do not ride the clutch. The mechanic told me not to do that.

As for the sediment in the carb. I do have the sediment bowl under the fuel tank and it looks clean. I can see some sediment in the tank that I need to clean out. I bought a vacuum oil changer that should work pretty good for that too.