View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 05:43 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoton View Post
First truck I ever bought was a ’76 F250 with a 360, 4 speed and 4.10 gears. When I was just checking it out I took it down to see my ol’ buddy Jerry at the Shell station. Said hey Jerry, put this b!tch on the Sun machine an’ tell me what chu think. Jerry says I’ll tell ya what I think, this POS truck is only running on 5 cylinders. You better tell me the name of the guy that’s trying to rip you off so I can tell him a thing or two. Well, knowing Jerry I decided to go to plan B and run the motha up the biggest hill I could find in Worcesta with the pedal through the floor in 3rd gear. Bought that truck.

Nice thing about that truck was I never had to change the oil, just add! Course I cleaned the spark plugs every week and swapped out the K&N just as often…

Still got that truck.
OK lol. well then ya must remember whammies! Or at least thats what we called them here.. Non foulers. You could buy them as anti foul plugs or as adapters that you put on the end of the plug before you installed it. For engines that ya just didnt want to rebuild but you wanted to keep running it without changing or cleaning plugs once a week.