View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 01:36 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbiecadeter View Post
Thanks for all the welcomes! Here are my Cubs I'm working on. just got the 147 running cranks smooth and starts right away. First start up blew dust and dirt dobbers nests everywhere haha it probably hadn't been started in 18 years. runs like a champ. I have to get some tires now and give it a good cleaning. Will probably do a full restoration on it later this year. The 1650 will be next after I give my mower a tune up.
Hey Kyle. Before running the 147 any longer, take the top engine tin over the head and then start it up briefly so that the mice nest and debris will blow out. You may need to clean off the head fins and pull some debris out. You should do this to prevent your engine from overheating since it hasn't been started in a while. Otherwise, you could do some damage to the head and/or head gasket.

Welcome to this forum. Glad you are already getting your collection of cubs....2 still qualifies you to "rookie" status. hahaha We are always glad to have a new enthusiast in the forum!

Cub Cadet 123