View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 09:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycub125 View Post
I'm open to any and all advice.
Well, then take my advice and put the engine in the other way, and leave the gears alone.

Reversing the R/P changes the way the pinion shaft is loaded. Instead of pushing the pinion shaft into the bearing, it will be pulling it to the rear of the tractor, which puts all the load on the snap ring holding the shaft in. It may hold for a while, but it will eventually be a problem. You can do some machining, and double the snap ring. That will help. You can swap the R/P to a later style straight cut set. That will eliminate the issue. You can order a reverse cut R/P for about $700. Or you can put the engine in the other way, and not worry about any of it.

There are already engine mounts made for the D600 to go right into a 582. If you reverse the engine, you are going to have to redesign all the engine mounts. You are creating a lot of work for yourself to gain.....????? What is the gain putting it in the other way? If you use the CCC clutch, you don't need a flywheel. There is only one reason to swap the direction of the engine, and as of yet, I haven't heard you state it. I think you are making more work for yourself than necessary.

Like I stated earlier, if you plan to plow with this tractor, then you don't want "taller" gears. You may think you know what you need, but I don't think you do. In my opinion, if you really were into this kind of thing, you would know where a good machinist was without asking people on a world wide forum. I mean, asking random people in your area would be more beneficial. I will say, that Jeff already makes a lot of things to adapt the D600 into other tractors. But as of yet, likely not anything to put a clutch on one. He will do it, and do it well, and treat you fair. But I think you need to figure out what you are doing first.