View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 03:05 PM

Default Hello Everyone......

New guy from Kentucky here.... I just adopted what I think is a model 1861, with a belly mower. If my research is correct, the tractor was built in 1992 by MTD Company. The tractor was used, then parked in an open sided building about 3-4 years ago. There was zero prep done, just parked. When I drug it out, it was covered with thick coat of dirt & crime. I'm talking nasty... wish I thought to snap a photo. After giving it a bath with some industrial degreaser, and a high pressurer hose, it doesn't look too bad. I have just started working on trying to get it to run (flushing fuel tank, fuel lines, charging battery, etc., etc.,). There is zero oil showing on the dip stick. Not sure if the oil leaked out, or if it was ran without oil. At this point in time, I'm still not sure if this is going to be a working tractor, or scrap metal. Time will tell which it will be.

I have also adopted a 2003, Cub Cadet (Commercial grade Zero turn), Tank (M54) with the 23HP Kawasaki (spell?) engine. It needed a starter. The Kawasaki brand starter was $179.00, Eeeeek. I ended up purchasing a China made starter off e-bay for $64.00..

Anyway, I look forward to learning lots of new & cool stuff from the people on this forum.