View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka.scout800a View Post
Broke down and went to TSC and ended up buying the Black Bull bandsaw. It was the last one they had, on clearance $150.

Looks like I'll have to do some tweaking and adjusting to get it to cut square. With the included blade the cut walks. Of course I was trying to cut 4" round pipe The top guide (2nd pic) isn't hitting the blade in the center. Could be the crappy blade Last pic is the bottom guide...actually more centered than it looks.

Was hoping there was more adjustments on the rollers, but for the price I think I can make it work
That saw looks very much like the one I have. To get it to cut straight make sure the blade is tight (loose blade will wriggle and wander), the holder is square with the blade, check to see if the blade travels down straight ( I used a square to check it), keep the guides adjusted as close as you can to the piece your cutting and back off on the down pressure of the blade if it still walks. To check this all out, take a piece of flat plate 1/8" or 1/4" x 3" clamp it vertical with a square line marked on it. If the saw cuts down the line it will cut anything else square. This is all I had to do with mine and it works great. FWIW the blades they come with are crap!!!