View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 10:30 PM

Default Hello from Berks County PA

Hello everyone, 1st post!

Let me start out, my name is Dan, I live near Reading PA and love to tinker. I have been racing go karts for years and using Briggs 5hp and Honda 390's, building my own engines and a lot of custom parts in basically a miniature sprint car. I just recently sold everything and want to get back into what I did as a kid, farm tractors. I have restored several Farmalls in high school, but since I no longer live on the farm, and wanted to stay true to IH, I got a Cub Cadet.

Anyway, I just bought a 66 Cub Cadet 122 this past weekend, no mower deck, but came with a snow plow for $300, that was down from the $600 the guy wanted. It hadn't run in years, took it home cleaned carburetor out and fresh gas and it fired right up! used it the rest of the day cleaning the snow we got Saturday night.

I got it in the shop, and started looking it over...... needs a clutch, badly. I found a guy in PA and scored a complete used clutch and spare rear with creeper box, carb kit, intake gasket, and couple other little things for another $300. I'll be going back this Saturday for wheel weights, head lights, a 3 point hitch and if I can swing it maybe a hydraulic setup.......

So far I have $650 into it and I'm loving it! This is the best garden tractor I have ever seen or owned!