View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Grand Member

Smile New Guy With Lots of Questions!!!

Hello Everyone. First, let me state how great it is to be part of a forum of individuals who know what quality is all about!!! I have a John Deere and 2 Cubs......had lots of problems with the John Deere and very few with one Cub and none at all with the other!!!

I am in the process of fixing up my dad's 1966 Cub Cadet 123 that I have had since he passed away. Recently, I found original lights and an original switch for it and I am trying to hook them up. I have two questions that the electrical diagram of the owner's manual did not address. The wire from the right head light to the left had the word "ground" on the diagram and a "y" shaped wire in the diagram, which I am told cannot be ordered anymore. Do I ground these wires (linking the left and right headlights together) behind the upper bolt of the regulator? Also, the wire that contains the fuse going to the magnetic switch, does it go to the top post (+ post), to the bottom post (- post) or to the side post (?????not for sure what it is????). Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks In Advance,

Cub Cadet 123