Thread: New from WI
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2023, 07:50 PM

Default New from WI

Thanks for having me here.

I have a LT1050. It runs great, has low hours (to me; approx 500), and got an amazing deal on it 8yrs ago. 2yrs ago we bought a house with 1.5 acres to mow along with having a kid at the same time, so my time allotted to mow is not that much. I hate to get rid of it, but hoping something bigger would reduce mowing time.

I'm casually looking for something with a 60in deck. As far as what I'm using it for is pulling a sweeper & thatcher (spring & fall), and a lawn roller (spring only). It won't be doing any snow-related work. A locking diff isn't of much need either.

With that said, I was initially looking at the 3000 series, only because it seemed they were a little easier to find with a 60in deck. I haven't really made up my mind as to which exact model. Air vs water cooled seems to be the biggest difference. Not sure on the iron vs aluminum diff.

I found a 3225 for sale for $750 with 320hrs in decent shape, but possibly needing carb work. The wild card though is that I also discovered/found a 2182. The 2182 is twice the cost and in pretty good shape. I do like the Kubota engine in it, but the hand-operated speed control seems a bit odd to me (I'd probably try to find a way to make it foot operated).

My dilemma is this....what's the best tractor with a 60in deck?

I'm not looking to spend a fortune. I just want something that will be a solid mower for years to come (reliability and cost rule out the 5000 series with its lack luster transmission history, or so it seems).

Any input or insights would be greatly appreciated. I'm not familiar enough with all the models to know what all is an option.