View Single Post
Old 04-17-2023, 03:11 PM

Default Best Tire Bead Buster Ever – And You Probably Own One

Yep, this the best garden tractor tire bead buster ever and you or one of your neighbors already have one. Check out the picture, it’s a trailer tongue jack! I just ran the jack down to the tire, gave the tire a kick to get the jack plate under the rim lip and cranked away. To any sceptics thinking this was going to be an easy tire to break down, WRONG! I installed a new tire last fall and could not get the bead to seal so I attempted to seal it with 3M Black Weatherestrip Adhesive, did not seal so I just left it over the winter (needless to say not a good idea). Well, it hardened over the winter and what a job it was turning in to breaking down by hand so I came up with the tongue jack idea. I had to work my way all around the rim to get it to release. Quite the mess to clean up too with a wire brush (see picture of wheel/tire). Installed tube and remounted tire (used flat washer held on with stem extension so I would not loose valve stem in wheel when mounting tire (see picture). Hope these ideas help you out next tire change!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tire1.jpg (32.9 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg tire2.jpg (26.9 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg tire3.jpg (22.3 KB, 122 views)