Thread: CV730S advice
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 10:24 AM

Default CV730S advice

I put a CV730S into my LT1042, which previously had a CV491S. I added a net-new choke cable and also installed a longer throttle cable but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to route these cables and where they are to be connected. In general, I know which lever (on the front of the engine) to connect the choke cable to and which lever to connect the throttle cable to, but what I do not know is, does the choke cable come from the dash and around the left side (from the seat perspective) of the engine and into the lower portion of the choke lever? or the higher position on the choke lever? Same for the throttle cable...does it route around the right side of the engine (from the seat perspective) and connect to the throttle lever on the higher part of the lever? or the lower part? It's driving me bananas that I can't find any documentation for this.

If you choose to respond, please explain it to me like I'm five years old. I can follow instructions, but this is not my area of expertise, it's not even my area of "intermediate experience"...I'm just a guy who dorked the original engine, learned (an expensive) lesson, and is trying desperately to not buy a new lawn tractor.